- 3-5 Med to Large Potatos (depending on how many are to be served)
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Medium Onion cut in large pieces
- 2 Cloves of Garlic crushed
- 1-2 Teaspoons Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1-2 Teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
Scrub potatoes, and remove any eyes. Chop into 1/2-inch cubes with skins. Microwave until they start to soften while you prepare other ingredients.
Melt butter in frying pan (traditionally an iron skillet), and heat until sizzling. Add cayenne and black peppers to butter and stir.
Add onion and garlic to pan and cook until onions are starting to turn clear.
Add the potatoes and stir to coat them in the butter, then salt to taste. Cook until potatoes are nice and crisp.
Serves 3-4 commoners or 1 hungry warrior.
Note – For the full effect, serve in the pan with a large hunk of bread and cheese and a big tankard of strong ale.