- The heroes are attending an important event, such as the coronation of a king, a wedding, or a knighting, when an enemy from the past appears. As the enemy sneaks out the door and draws the heroes out with him, he disappears. once the heroes return to the celebration, they find that the guest of honor was slain. One of the heroes’ arrows lies lodged in his chest. Can the heroes clear up their good names discover what is going on or will they be executed for their crime?
- Several dwarves nearby have struck it rich by finding a vein of steel. They immediately attempt to hire bodyguards, which brings the heroes into the limelight. However, the dwarves soon become the targets of an assassin. The heroes seem powerless to stop the assassinations and whispers of bribes and cowardice have begun circulating. Can the heroes stop the killings and prove their worth?
- A friend of the heroes, who is a Knight of Solamnia, is fighting in a duel of honor and has called the heroes to him. It seems that one of the soldiers under his command has insulted him and vied for his position. He has agreed to fight a duel of honor, but he can’t seem to find his sword Duskslayer. Duskslayer is a family heirloom and the heroes’ friend cannot poosibly fight without it, especially when the challenger also possesses a potent magical weapon. Plus, it is a point of honor. Can the heroes retrieve their friend’s sword in time or will the knight have to face his opponent with a crude weapon?
- The heroes awaken one day with no idea why they are traveling. They realize that they had a destination and a reason, but they cannot recall it. When they travel onwards, they come upon the ruins of a town. there are burnt husks that suggest buildings, shattered carts, broken armor, and other remnants of society. However, everything is in ruins. The heroes begin to find a few of their old possessiosn among the ruins when they search. What was this town? Why can’t the heroes recall anything about it? And what happened to the town?
- A friend of the heroes has been captured by the Knights of Takhisis in Palanthas. He is being charged with slaying a Dark Knight and will be executed in a week’s time. Can the heroes free him, or prove his innocence, without being arrested and executed themselves?
- The bronze dragon protector of the village of Hampton has always guarded the town against danger. However, the wyrm disppeared several weeks ago, and an army of goblins threatens the town. Can the heroes discover the fate of the protector of Hampton and stop the goblin war band?
- A rash of killings has been commited in the one of the hero’s home town. The victims have all been young ladies and they were all killed at night. The most recent killing revealeda clue to the identity of the killer. A dagger belonging to one of ther hero’s was found, and now the villagers want to hang him! Can the heroes save one of their own and find the real killer?
- A strange robed figure was seen entering the Last Heroes Tomb several nights in a row. Several items are missing from the Tomb suspicions are beginning to rise. The people of Solace consider this blasphemy and have begun to blame the sorcerers of Palin Majere’s Academy of Sorcery. The equate any robed individual with the sorcerers of the Academy. Although the Legion of Steel has kept tensions from exploding, they cannot stop the growing anger for long. Can the heroes solve this mystery and ease tensions between the Academy and the townsfolk of Solace.
- Rumors of a deadly pirate ship raiding and slaughtering all who get in its way has been reported in the Bay of Branchala. However, the pirate ship is said to be manned by the undead and vengefully seeks the people who killed them in life! This skeleton crew of revenants has destroyed several ships and a substantial reward been offered for the destruction of the undead ship.
- Palin Majere has been poisoned! A magical poison called Magebane was slipped into his supepr and now Palin is on the brink of death. The Academy is looking for any available adventurers to retrieve the antidote: a rare herb called Lyllith. Magical healing will not cure this dreaded poison, and the only recorded Lyllith grew in the ruins near Kendermore! The problem is, Malystryx has conquered that land, so getting in and out of the Desolation is a feat in itself. Of course, who knows if the herb still exists, since Malys altered the land and destoyed many species of flora and fauna, as well as creating her own.
- The heroes discover that someone has slipped a heavy tome into their supplies. The book is titled “The Diary of Astinus Lorekeeper.” The entire book is written in an unknown language, but it could hold untold secrets of the famous historian. Also, the Aesthetics in Palanthas would pay handsomely for the delivery of this tome!
- The Herald is scheduled to appear in the small village of Willowbirch. People from all over Ansalon have arrived in the small hamlet to see the Herald. However, on the day when the Herald was supposed to show up, he did not. People are starting to worry, since the Herald has never missed an appointment, and several Keepers of the Word have offered a reward for anyone that can discover the fate of the famed bard.
- The heroes enter a village that seems ideal enough in the begining. However, the villagers all wear magical gold head bands that increase their physical and mental prowess. At first, these headbands seem to be a boon to the villagers, but villagers who have continually worn the headbands become legarthic and fatalistic. However, no villager will willingly take off their headband. The villagers also continue to pressure the heroes to wear headbands. Can the heroes discover the sinister secret of the magical headbands and reverse its effects.
- A battered Knight of Solamnia approaches the heroes and begs them to help him slay a terrible dragon that destroyed his company. When they reach the site of the battle, the Knight claims that he has never seen the heroes before, he does not know where he is, and becomes hostile. Can the heroes discover what is truly affecting the Knight?
- A talon of Knights of Takhisis approach the heroes. They are confused and claim that they do not remember anything prior to meeting the heroes. They do not recognize their macabre armor and become upset if accused of any wrong doing.
- Nearby villagers claim that their well has been blessed by a powerful dryad with great magical powers. The well’s waters are reputed to have miraculous healing properties. However, the recipients of the magical water have become pacifistic and seem to be in a dream-like state. Can the heroes confront the “savior dryad” and discover what she really did to the well’s water?
Bookmark the permalink.