- 2 teasoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and white pepper
- 2 cups grated yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 2 pound bag tater tots, thawed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 9 by 2-inch square baking dish with the butter.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of the yellow cheddar cheese, 1 cup of the white cheddar cheese, the ham and the tater tots. Mix the mixture thoroughly.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.
Author’s note: Tika got this recipe from the infamous Kender, Tasslehoff Burrfoot. She didn’t believe at first that it would turn out well, but she was surprised at the results!
It is said that she raised all of her children on this recipe, and she uses it whenever Kender come to eat at the Inn of the Last Home.