Apr 14

Dragonlance Canticle #83 – Elven Exiles Round Table

Chuck, Tim, and Ed talk about the Elven Exiles trilogy!

Be sure to check out our next episode, part 2 of our Dragon Overlords discussion.

6 comments

Skip to comment form

• Firebat on April 15, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Good to see that I’m not the one who loves the trilogy, and I could not agree more with Chuck, it is simply asking for more books.

Although, as a DL gamer, I think a campaign based on the re-taking of Qualinesti would be cool 😀

• Chuck on April 19, 2016 at 6:22 pm

I agree completely. WotC take my money and write the campaign book to reclaim Qualinesti.

Chuck

• Firebat on June 16, 2016 at 1:59 pm

You could segway into it from the AoM campaign, perhaps using Silvara and/or the sickly elves in Pashin as hooks.

• Jesper on April 29, 2016 at 7:19 am

I have to order this from Amazon now.

• Brett Deaton on June 1, 2016 at 3:43 am

Loved this episode so much I have listened to it three times. I have to agree that this trilogy was one of the rare ones that really stood out as a hat trick. You seem multiple landscapes and multiple sides of peoples and cultures often overlooked for the most part. It really added to the landscape of the saga and is BEGGING for an extended story. I would imagine you are right that it could be expanded into a full sextant with another trilogy bringing the story as a whole around to the retaking of Quelonesti and I would even dare to say going further into liberating Silvanesti from the Minotaurs again as well. I would also be interested in what would come of the new elven nation in the Valley of the Blue Sands. I am sure that there would naturally be a group that would look around even after the homelands are liberated and say, nah, I’ll stay here. So there if definitely more to explore there as well. Anyway, great episode! I look forward to more like this!

• Ed on June 17, 2016 at 5:17 pm

Wow, glad you liked the episode! This is easily one of my favorite trilogies as it shows in my review.